Business Development Consultant
The Business Development Consultant will work with the Business Development Manager and have responsibility for prospecting, qualifying, and generating new business leads. The role will assist in identifying collaborative opportunities whilst providing support to successful project delivery and client satisfaction. You will be a highly motivated individual, be a good team player with an ability to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including; trade fairs, business network events, conferences, inbound marketing leads and individual research.
PDR’s consultancy offer encompass a broad range of design and innovation support services to organsations in both the public and private sector and in both domestic and international markets.
You will be familiar and experienced in core services within PDR, able to identify, clarify and explore client potential needs and possibilities and PDR’s potential to support their ambitions.
Principal duties and responsibilities;
1. To be a key contact between PDR and the business community and to be proactive in identifying new project opportunities.
2. Undertake research and study into both sector and company and technology/capability specific areas to help proactively identify new business opportunities.
3. Work closely within the business development team to support the development of detailed new business development plans and strategies that connect to the broader ambitions of PDR.
4. A self-motivated team player with excellent communication incl; oral and presentation skills. You will be one of the key points of contact between PDR and the broader community and are expected to represent PDR both on site at the Cardiff office and at client and business locations both within the UK and internationally.
5. You will be expected to proactively generate fresh enquiries as well as follow up with enquiries made to PDR across the whole of their commercial services from consumer insight and sustainable design through to detailed product design and engineering.
6. In support of client discussions you will be expected to maintain a level of competency and understanding of PDR commercial design and innovation activities sufficient to support client and business development needs. This will include involvement in live project work and training and CPD as required.
7. Working closely within the business development and consultancy teams you will ensure client quotations and proposals generated are achievable, accurately costed and deliver maximum value for the client.
8. Contribute to and support marketing and broader communication strategies that raise the profile and awareness of PDR in support of its new commercial objectives.
9. Representing PDR both nationally and internationally at Trade Shows, Conferences and related events.
10. Ensure all commercial new business development activity works within the PDR ISO system and approval framework.
11. Work with the Business Development Manager to support and plan the development to grow the sales pipeline.
12. Undertaking other such duties as may reasonably be assigned.
What you'll bring - essential experience and strengths
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship development skills to build excellent working relationships with colleagues, partners and clients.
- A good team player with the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Good organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- A demonstratable aptitude for opportunity spotting and development in innovation and design services.
- Experience of working in a commercial design or innovation related environment.
- Writing experience including creation and development of compelling and considered sales or proposal presentations and materials.
- Experience of presenting and communicating complex subject matter to both small and large groups at a senior level.
What you'll have - essential qualifications
Degree in Business, New Product Development, or a related field.
For further details view the full job description and person specification.
Our total reward package
We have a range of great benefits for employees including:
- Annual leave of 25 days, rising to 30 days after 1 years’ service, plus 12 bank holiday / concessionary days.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme with generous contributions.
- Flexible and remote working opportunities.
- Award winning sports and fitness facilities with subsidised membership, plus subsidised physiotherapy/complementary therapy/sports massage.
- Access to all library facilities.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including cycle to work.
How to apply
If you would like to talk with us about this opportunity please contact Anthony McAllister, at email@example.com or click the 'Apply' button.
Should a high volume of applications be received, we may need to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage you to apply as early as possible.
We are committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. Our Strategic Plan underpins our commitment to recruit and retain the best talent and we welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds. We appoint on merit.