Digital Media and Marketing Officer
PDR is a leading global design consultancy and applied research centre based in Cardiff. PDR works across a wide range of industries and this role will focus on Marketing PDR’s activities to a wide international audience.
The Digital Media and Marketing Officer role will work across PDR’s teams to provide marketing support for the marketing and promotion of PDR’s operations.
This role plays a key part in the marketing team at PDR with a focus on promoting PDR and developing campaigns across our website and other digital channels. This includes delivering and measuring the performance of all of our digital output and keeping our content, relevant and engaging. This is a broad and collaborative role responsible for internal and external communications and marketing activity working in partnership with the Business Development team to build a strong infrastructure to support future growth.
What you’ll do – key duties
- Writing, commissioning, editing and publishing content – from newsletters to social media content as part of integrated marketing communications and campaigns across all our channels and platforms.
- Develop, lead and execute a rolling 12-month social media plan, including content calendars and campaigns to maximise all opportunities to grow audience engagement, develop our brand, profile key PDR events, innovation training and commercial partners work.
- Managing social media feeds, providing analysis on performance and making recommendations to improve through research and testing. This includes providing communications support and training to the team.
- Managing the website, keeping it up to date with relevant content to support the organisation’s activities and measuring its effectiveness using Google Analytics.
- Production of compelling imagery that reflects our brand and drives traffic to our website, including infographics that communicate key information that reflect our objectives.
- Joining meetings and playing a part in making the decisions which shape PDR’s plans around communications and marketing. This includes developing and delivering a content plan for our digital channels that supports the communications strategy.
- Working closely with the wider PDR team to create and promote activities, tools, resources, case studies and impact stories that share lessons, and best practice models.
- Regularly measure the impact, engagement and effectiveness of all marketing and communications activities with appropriate metrics to help influence content strategy decisions.
- Keep up to date with developments in the sector and in the commercial environment, especially in relation to social media and digital marketing.
- Remain relevant with social and digital media standards, trends and technology and evaluate emerging technologies and platforms with a goal of implementing strategies as appropriate.
- To act as brand guardian and ensure commitment and adherence to PDR’s branding and tone of voice guidelines across media and PR from PDR.
- Support to the planning and organising of events including conferences, exhibitions, open days and tours.
- Attending events, exhibitions, conferences, and other activities to represent PDR’s values, mission and activities to a broader audience including where required presentation of PDR and its activities to a wider audience.
What you’ll bring – essential experience & strengths
- Proven experience in digital communications and website development.
- Experience of promoting products and services of an organisation.
- Used to creating content for multiple audiences and understanding how to adjust the messages to fit.
- Experience of managing social media channels and making sure all activity supports the communications strategy and produces engaging digital conversations.
- Experience in producing engaging and persuasive content for print and digital publications and channels.
- A creative thinker with a flair for inspiration & innovation.
- Ability to write for different audiences.
- Must be comfortable using CMS systems.
- Experience of planning and managing marketing campaigns and communications across digital channels.
- A good understanding of current digital marketing technologies and production tools.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to juggle tasks.
- Good team player ethos, willing to get ‘stuck-in’
- Excellent understanding of social and digital media.
- Personable and able to establish relationships quickly
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Flexible in working hours.
- Willingness to travel to offsite locations.
What you’ll have - essential qualifications
- Degree in marketing or business-related subject or substantial relevant experience.
For further details view the full job description and person specification.
Our total reward package
We have a range of great benefits for employees including:
- Annual leave of 25 days, rising to 30 days after 1 years’ service, plus 12 bank holiday / concessionary days
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme with generous contributions
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Award winning sports and fitness facilities with subsidised membership, plus subsidised physiotherapy/complementary therapy/sports massage
- Access to all library facilities
- Salary sacrifice schemes including cycle to work
How to apply
If you would like to talk with us about this opportunity please contact Gemma Burridge, at email@example.com or click the 'Apply' button.
Should a high volume of applications be received, we may need to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage you to apply as early as possible.
We are committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. Our Strategic Plan underpins our commitment to recruit and retain the best talent and we welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds. We appoint on merit.